Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Pros from Dover-Part 4

Here's some closer pics of Steuben and Rochambeau. I chose heads that I felt were close in resemblance to their character. For Steuben I picked a head from MIG that had mature features. And for Rochambeau, a piece from Historex, that had a austere, mature, and commanding look.

Painting for Steuben is finished, I just need to add the telescope to his hands and sculpt thumbs. Lauzun is alomost finished, I need to add his saber and saberattache. The horse is about 40% complete and the groundwork has its base coats.

Thanks for following.















2 comments:

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, Great stuff pard. The cut of the uniforms really stands out. It's great seeing someone take that extra effort instead of just being a member of the "it's good enough" crowd. While some collectors may have nice pieces in their collection, a good deal of it is junk as far a accuracy goes. This is a piece you'll be proud of in the end. ~Gary

Jason said...

Thanks pard. It's been a fun project so far. Hopefully I have it done by Chicago! Projects around the house have been huge speed bumps. I'm on vacation again this week and it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. I think I'll spend it painting.

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.