Thursday, April 30, 2009

Butch & Sundance Redux

Before MFCA, I was given some advice from a wise veteran of the show scene. And he gave me some suggestions on how to help frame this vignette.
I was a bit reluctant at first, because I didn't want to crowd the scene with too much "stuff". I thought about it for a day or so and decided it wouldn't hurt to add a hat or something. Instead, I added all the elements he suggested would look good. Well, it worked out better than I thought!

The hat is scratchbuilt as is the pack sitting on the barrel. I spent a while on the vase. I needed something thin enough to fit on Sundance's left and not to look like he just knocked it over while running by. The exploding vase was fairly simple. I took a small sharp strip of clear plastic and used it as a armature for the epoxy "water". I then added the pottery shards.








2 comments:

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, Those items filled out and framed the scene nicely. Though it looked a bit empty, the scene was okay before. You just made it better. ~Gary

Jason said...

Thanks Gary. Yeah, it turned nice. It did well at the show too. I'm curious as to how well, if I hadn't added that stuff.

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.